February is Healthy Heart Month
That tells me that heart health is pretty important.
- One in every four death a year in Americans is due to heart disease (about 600,000 Americans).
- In the United States, someone has a heart attack every 34 seconds.
I would say that our hearts need a little loving care not only this month but all year long.
Here is the good news.
We can do so much to prevent heart disease and promote heart happiness. Lifestyle factors are the MOST effective means to support our cardiovascular system.
Learn more about Living a Proactive Lifestyle here.
Top 3 Ways to Decrease your Risk for Heart Disease
- Eating a healthy diet of whole foods
- Avoiding alcohol and smoking
Top 3 Ways towards a Happy Heart
- Decrease your stress response
- Healthy emotions
- Community-isolation is actually the number one predictor of cardiovascular death
This month we will be working towards a happy heart right along with you. Young Living has some great essential oils and supplements that help decrease the stress response. Some of my favorites include Stress Away Essential Oil, Peace & Calming Essential Oil, Tranquil Roll-On and Cortistop. Interested in discovering ways to optimize your cardiovascular system and healthy emotions? Click Here.
We are going all out this month with community classes that you can attend live or watch on facebook at EXTRAOrdianry Wellness in 2017.
- Monday, February 6, 2017, 7:00-8:30 pm: All Things Love – Special Speaker: Joanna Lambert, LPC, Radical Life Coach will be speaking on Radical Forgiveness, Jennifer Webster will be speaking on all about love and we will have The Lingerie Shop there too!
- Monday, February 24, 2017, 7:00-8:30 pm: Women’s Heart Health- Topics will include: 7 Signs of a Heart Attack, Health professional speaking on cholesterol, statins, blood pressure and more.
I will also be teaching a Feelings from the Heart facebook class on February 9, 2017, at 9:00 pm. If you are interested in attending facebook message me at Shawna Cale or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will be happy to add you.
Interested in other classes in your area or online? Check out www.got-oils.com/calendar/
Psalm 73:26 My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Have a Happy Heart Month,
Shawna Cale, Got-Oils? Administrator
I am a M.O.M: Mom on a Mission to help educate and empower other mom’s to build healthy homes and bodies and have the energy to do the things they enjoy with their families.